So recap.
Vacation - Changed my life. First vacation with Annie. I loved every second I spent on the beach/lazy river with some of my favorite people on earth. I'm feeling so refreshed and ready to take on the fall. This definitely needs to be an annual trip! Mark your calendar! The beach/condo was perfect. Catherine documented the whole thing and I'm so thankful. But I don't have the pictures uploaded just yet.. So typ.
We got to NOLA on Saturday (flying through tropical storm Lee! never again!) My mom and I went to see The Help on Sunday. We loooooved it. I cried and cried the whole movie. It is sad and happy and funny and sad. I highly recommend it. And I don't think it will make you cry like i did.. but you know... I can't make it up. I cry at the most random times. Oh and the acting was so great. "I am kind, I am smart, I am important". So good yall. Go see it.
I got my toes in the water, ass in the sand
Not a worry in the world, a cold beer in my hand
Life is good today, life is good today.
I WANT TO GO BACK!
Annie really loved the beach! First time in sand and first time in the gulf. We set up a little baby pool in the sand and filled it with water. Also we got some really big seashells from Alvin's Island and put them in the sand for her and Sloane to find. So they both had their little buckets and would walk along the shore and scream "sea-sell! sea-sell!" and go run and pick them up. It was so cute. I can't wait to post some more pics.
Back home Sunday; Anthony made a big pot of jambalaya. (Another one of my favorite things about Anthony ... he always cooks when we get home from traveling.) We had football on all day, I finished the fifth Sookie Stackhouse book, we had a Samet playdate, and some cupcakes for Sloane's birthday. I guess there's no place like home. It just feels like fall now, even with it being 100 degrees outside. Football, gumbo and beer! I'm pulling fall decor out the attic this weekend. The end.
Thanks. I needed that. But it didn't show up in my reader...what's up with that?
ReplyDelete