This morning, after another power struggle - "me do it" - morning, we finally make it to school. Annie didn't want to wait in the classroom for the breakfast teacher to come get her. So she stood outside the classroom and threw a fit. Well the breakfast teacher came strolling down the hall and told Annie, "you need to listen to your mommy." I know the teacher was just trying to help me in the situation, but I felt like the "pushover" mom. Like the teacher was judging me thinking "oh I see why Annie doesn't listen in class, looks like she doesn't have to listen at home".
This sent me into a full over-analysis of my child, my parenting style, etc. etc.
Immediately I called my mother for back-up. Then I called Anthony to discuss how we are not going to be pushover parents anymore. Then I went online and read 10 babycenter articles about dealing with two year olds. And then I drank a coke out of the vending machine (with caffeine). And it was gooooood.
I know this is normal. And I know this too shall pass.
So while in a lunch meeting today, Dolly randomly texted me some pictures she took of us over the weekend, and it put it all back into perspective. Annie and me. Just trying to figure each other out. She is becoming her own person. She is pushing boundaries and my buttons. She is pretty cute, huh? I guess I'm going to keep her....
Kneeecole. First born girls!!!!
ReplyDeleteMaggie's a bully in her classroom, a baby bully. Hurts the itty bittys, takes ppl's toys, plows over the non 100 miles an hour 9month olds. It hurts my heart every story the teachers tell me as they laugh like it's funny.
I wish Anne Peirce was here to tell you some insane thing I did to match all this!!!
Where am I going with this..no idea!
Bascially just, I love you! Annie's a boss/leader/manager/take care of-er. Done.