I did some research yesterday on picky dressers. It's always nice to know that whatever (literally whatever) you are going through with a toddler, there are 10,000 other mothers out there going through the same thing. Well, Annie is going through a phase where she only wants to wear pink shirts. Every morning when I get her out of bed she says "pink shirt". Usually I am super mom; ready with a pink shirt in hand. She happily puts it on and we go about our morning. Well heaven forbid I don't do laundry and we have no pink shirts clean... aka last Friday morning! You would have thought I killed Mickey Mouse in front of her when I laid out a purple shirt instead. "No way! No way!" she said, followed by a full meltdown.
So from what I read, lots of kids go through these phases at different ages...wanting to wear the same outfit every day, wanting to pick out their own clothes, wanting to where pajamas only... the list goes on. The main point that I took from it was, let your kids dress themselves. Let them have that independence. So yesterday on my ride home I stopped at Once Upon A Child (a resale shop for children) and picked up about 6 pink shirts. She can wear pink shirts for 2 weeks now without me turning on the washing machine. Brilliant! Point for super mom!
We had such a great weekend. Everything was a total success. Saturday we drove to Ponchatoula for Joe and Amie's Halloween engagement party. It was my first time meeting Amie's family and they were absolutely wonderful! Just easy and fun. Costume parties are a blast! Next year I'm having a Halloween party. Costumes mandatory.
| Cleopatra and her Warrior |
| Annie and Grannie Cheering for the Tigers |
Sunday we drove to Lafayette for a surprise birthday party for Mrs. Patrice. She was so surprised... she forgot it was her birthday. so typ. All of her brothers and sisters were there. In fact, I think everyone I sent an invitation to was there. When does that happen? We were joking that the only way we can get everyone together is for a funeral or someone turning 60. It was so special and a major success for the Bruno kids. Another gold star for the Brunos!! And that is why I love my life.
Side notes to note:
- I'm on February of The Happiness Project.
- I made Halloween flag banners for the party last weekend and decided to reuse them in my house. They are now on my mantle, china cabinet and stair banisters. It totally took my decor to the next level.
- I'm "playing" golf Friday with my company. I orders some neon multi-colored balls just for fun. Why aren't there any cute golf outfits for girls? Like I'm only allowed to look like an overweight lesbian on the golf course. Come on.
- Mom is coming to Houston this weekend since AJ will be out of town. I'm giddy with anticipation. Hurry up weekend. I'm ready for you.
OH OMY!!! It's Yom Kippur Friday and Saturday all the way til Saturday night. Can we please come play on Sunday? Will Anne still be here?
ReplyDeletemy notes from this post...
ReplyDelete1. omg love your costumes. look great!
2. jeal that you MADE halloween flag banners AND reused them for multi use. you are so clever. where do you find the time? i mean i am home all day and still havent made wyatt's halloween costume yet or anything fun like that. ugh.
3. for the golf tourney, just wear something preppy and cute that you like, and throw a white visor on with it or something. you dont have to be decked out in golf attire and look like a lez! just go super prepped. like pearls and polo, and some cute flats, duh.
4. what size is annie wearing in shirts so i can go buy some fun pink shirts for her? please please please. i need a little pink in my life!
5. i love the brunos!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete