Monday, March 19, 2012

"you get what you get, and you don't throw a fit"

I saw that quote on Momastery this morning. Can you hear your grandmother saying this to you? I can... Hot summer day in New Orleans, probably coming home from Lafreniere Park, 101 degrees in the back of the car with all of my cousins piled in. All 8 of us splitting 1 coke, complaining that we are thirsty and someone is drinking it all.

I love it.

We took Annie to the rodeo this weekend. And by rodeo I mean carnival and livestock show. I was surprised at how up close and personal you can get with the animals. The petting zoo was cray cray! Nothing at all like the Houston Zoo where it is so regulated. Children, animals, parents, all running amuck in the petting zoo. And they had lamas, goats, pigs, kangeroos. Just crazy. I think Annie was in love/confused by the whole experience. But she loved seeing her friends "Olivia and Laine and Giggy" as she calls that bunch.



The whole Houston rodeo is huge! Yall, what happens when Annie is sixteen and wants to be dropped off there with her friends without a chaperone? I don't know if I can. Just saying...

I've had a hard time finding words for my blog lately. I get that way when I have serious stuff going on in life that just doesn't fit into my happy-go-lucky blog. But I want happy-go-lucky. That is what I love about blogging. (PS. Happy 1 year of blogging to me!) I love going back and reading something from last year and remembering that happy moment. That is what I want.

I go for my first ultrasound this Friday. I can't believe it is already time for that. It's about to get legit up in here. I mean, just saying that is surreal!

Did you know my mom clips articles from the Time Picayune and mails them to me weekly? I get random articles from her with something like "thought of you" scribbled in the margins. I don't tell her enough how much I like it. It is just something she does that I treasure.

And another shout-out to Emily who says the most perfectly worded perfect things and makes life make sense again.  Thanks for your emails this morning!

2 comments: