Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Embroidery Life

We are headed to NOLA for the 4th of July Holiday.
I'm excited to get out of the Houston. I'm excited to spend a few days near water and see my family and most of all seeing Catherine. Also I want to take Annie to Storyland and to get a snowball from Plum Street.

I have a secret idol in my blogging world. Does anyone else do that? Fall in love with a blog. Well who I want to be in life at the moment is Emily Sparks. She just had a baby and all of her post are giving me baby fever. I originally discovered her blog when I was looking for bow tie baby shower ideas.. I instantly fell in love. She also knits and it makes me want to learn to knit. Like for real knit... not like the knitting Jessica taught me in NYC with a scarf that I have no idea how to finish (remember gigs? hahaha)
So I'm thinking on the road to NOLA I might try to get crafty. Maybe start off small with some hand embroidery and then see what comes of it. Both my Aunt Dolly and cousin Candice crochet, so it's already in my blood. Oh oh oh I know... I can get Dolly to teach me this summer!!!

My mom asked if I wanted to head to Biloxi on Saturday and hang at the beach because "they have white sandy beaches, you know".... HAHAHAHHAHA and the world makes sense again!


I just found someone else to obsess over on Etsy.com The merriweather council is the shop and it has the cutest hand embroideries I've ever seen.  I'm thinking wall collage in Tootie's room.
Check her out! http://www.merriweathercouncilblog.com/

oh so delightful!

No comments:

Post a Comment