Thursday, June 16, 2011

Trial then Triumph

Did you know that my child looks like she has chicken pox! It looks horrible. I have to explain to every person who sees her that I have taken her to the doctor and we don't know what it is... and it isn't chicken pocks or scabies or bed bugs....
The doctor does not know what it is. Since the bumps/bites didn’t (past tense as of when we were at the Dr Tuesday) itch her ... it pretty much ruled out everything except just a viral infection. And viral infections really can't be treated. They have to just "run their course" so to speak.

WELL that was all fine until today. The bumps have multiplied. ...she had to be picked up from school because they said she had been itching a few of the bumps on her arm until they bled and screaming for the last hour. (Her school is nervous that Annie is going to be contagious... I mean, I understand where they are coming from. If I walked into Annie's class and saw a kid that looked like he had chicken pox, I would not be happy. So I get it.) I still don’t like to be called by the school to say I need to come get my child because she ain’t right. It makes me feel like they are judging me… like “Why would you take your child to school looking like this?” She has been to the doctor! The doctor cleared her for school... what more can I do!?!?!?! And side note, the director called me later to say that one of the kids in Annie’s class is not in school today because he has hand foot and mouth disease. Lovely.

ANYWAY, just needed to say that and now moving on.

MITCHELL is coming HOUSTON this weekend! I can NOT wait for him to get here. Who knows where the weekend will take us. I asked him if he wanted to sit on the dock of the bay… and he said “yyeeesssss”. Sooo we’re going to Baytown… a whatcha mean a whatcha mean a whatcha mean. He will be at my house when I get home tonight. Did I mention how obsessed I am with him?

Also, Jess came and scooped me for lunch today. It’s really fun to be best friends with a stay-at-home mom by the way. Ruggles and an Anthro trip. Delightful. We discussed our children’s ailments, sleep issues, etc. Blogs, life, husbands, etc. You know, the usual. I heart her, she hearts me. We reassure each other that we are not crazy.

I also made a VERY FUN purchase today from Anthropologie!
Picture these on the shelves in my gameroom.

1 comment:

  1. The letters!!!!!!!!!!!! They might have to go in my nursery like a copy cat.

    ReplyDelete